FORGIVE ME GUYS – THERE WAS A CONFUSION BETWEEN LESSONS 5 AND 6 NOW IT IT FIXED
Study 6 From The Book of Leviticus Is: Leviticus 9 and 10
The tabernacle and priests have been sanctified and dedicated; all was now ready for the normal work of the priesthood to begin.
- What was Aaron’s first offering at the start of his ministry? Though pardoned, anointed and consecrated, he still needed mercy through atoning blood. But, when all was duly offered, how did God show His acceptance of His people’s worship? With 9:22a, cf. Nu. 6: 22-27.
- What did Nadab and Abihu do? What happened? Why did God act like this?
- 10:1. ‘Unholy fire’: this may mean fire not taken from the altar, but the central thought is that it was fire which God had not authorized.
- 10:8-11. It has long been thought that Nadab and Abihu may have been indulging in wine; hence this prohibition.
- The significance of 10:16-20 seems to be that Aaron realized that Nadab and Abihu had taken part in the offering of the sin offering and that this rendered it unacceptable and unclean. This is a touching story of Aaron’s full acceptance of God’s verdict on his own sons.