Study 7 From The Book of Hebrews Is: Hebrews 6:9-20
- Verses 9-12. What gives the writer confidence concerning his readers’ final salvation? In what ways does he desire to see improvement in their Christian living? Examine yourself to see in which of these characteristics you are strong or weak.
- Verses 13-20. If we have made Christ our refuge, what three unshakable grounds of assurance have we that our confidence and hope will not disappoint us? In what ways is Jesus Himself like an anchor? What benefits does He guarantee?
- Verses 10-12. Note the mention of love, hope and faith. Cf. 1 Thes. 1:3; 5:8
- Verse 12. ‘Sluggish’: 5:11 the same Greek adjective is translated ‘dull’. Other renderings are ‘lazy’ or ‘slothful’.
- Verse 11, 12. ‘Until the end’; … and patience.’ This is an emphasis typical of this letter. Cf. 3:14; 6:15; 10:35, 36.