Study 38 From the Book of Isaiah is: Isaiah 60
An inspired vision of Zion, when God shall have fulfilled toward her all His purposes, and clothed her with His glory.
- Try to build up the picture of the glorified Zion as given in this vision. Gather out the references to God, and observe carefully the place He occupies in Zion. Has He this central place in your life, and in your Christina fellowship?
- Consider how many of the features of beauty and glory in the Zion of this chapter are to be found, in their spiritual counterpart, in a life dwelling in the fullness of the Holy Spirit. See especially verses 2, 5, 7 (last clause), 13 (last clause, 16b, and 17-21; and cf. 2 Cor. 3:18; 4:6; 6: 16; Eph. 3:14-21.
- Verses 8, 9. The ships coming from the west, with their white sails, looking like a flock of doves.
- Verse 13. ‘The place of my sanctuary’: i.e., the Temple, called also ‘the place of my feet’.
- Verse 21. ‘That I might be glorified’: compare ‘he has glorified you’ (verse 9) and ‘I will glorify my glorious house’ (verse 7; so also verse 13). Where God is glorified, all else is glorified in Him. Cf. 2 Thes. 1:12.