Study 16 From the Book of Matthew is: Matthew 11:1-24
- What may we learn o f the character of John the Baptist from his problems and doubts concerning Jesus, and from our Lord’s commendation of him (verses 1-19)?
- Verses 20:24. We may discern here some important principles behind God’s judgment of mankind. What are they, and what relevance do they have in our situation?
- There is a unity in chapters 11 and 12. Apparently disconnected incidents are linked together around the theme of the reality and nature of the Messiahship of Jesus.
- Verse 12 may suggest either the dynamic of John’s ministry or the cost of becoming a member of the Kingdom.
- Verse 19 may read ‘deeds’ or ‘children’ (mg.) In either case the verse means that God’s way are justified by their results.